See all job listings
Social Worker (CIRT)
The Fortune Society
Title: Social Worker
Reports to: Clinical Director
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Exempt
Job Code: E180
Days/Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, subject to change based on program needs
Date Prepared: February 16, 2017
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the Social Worker will provide assessment and case management services to mandated clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct client assessment;
• Prepare service plans to be presented to court on behalf of clients;
• Liaison with court advocates to facilitate client release to the program;
• Conduct psychosocial interviews, write narratives, and render diagnosis when appropriate;
• Provide case management services to support clients usage of mental health and drug treatment services;
• Provide referrals to mental health and drug treatment services internally and externally or other appropriate medical services;
• Provide short-term crisis intervention and refer for ongoing therapy or other appropriate services;
• Cultivate and maintain relationship with sources of emergency, transitional and permanent housing; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• MSW or equivalent master level, preferably in mental health, substance abuse, criminal justice, sociology or related field;
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience;
• Experience working with the formerly incarcerated and/or programs providing wrap-around services (housing, education, training, substance abuse treatment etc.) a plus;
• Strong computer skills, particularly in electronically entering case notes;
• Excellent counseling, team communication and case note writing skills;
• Must be detail oriented with superior analytical skills. Ability to do "big picture" thinking and solve problems in a way that is creative and collaborative;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills coupled with exceptional people skills;
• Must be able to take initiative in setting and advancing priorities while being both respectful and effective; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements - Ability to travel to and from our Harlem location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 02/23/17; CVMHA ID #10767