See all job listings
Senior Social Worker LCSW
Reports to: Community Case Management Supervisor
Overview: The Center for Alternative Sentencing & Employment Services (CASES), a NYC based alternative to incarceration agency seeks staff for a gender-responsive diversion program for women at risk of jail sentences. The social worker will provide community case management services, assessment, individual and group trauma and substance abuse counseling, and rehabilitation services to support women arrested for misdemeanor crimes in Manhattan avoid jail sentences and reduce their recidivism. The social worker offers services to women within the framework of the core principles of participant self-determination, recovery, and cultural competency. The social worker will provide services to women with a range of needs around trauma, health, mental illness, and substance abuse. Through the use of evidence-based approaches to engagement, mental illness, and gender-responsive services, the social worker will help the women participants reduce their criminal justice involvement.
· Assess program participants using validated Level of Service Case Management Inventory and Women’s Risk and Need Assessment to inform individual treatment planning and service delivery; also screen participants for signs of symptoms and exposure to trauma using standardized trauma screening instruments;
· Facilitate participants successful completion of mandated sessions and the obligations of the diversion requirements set by the Criminal Court judge;
· Provide supportive counseling to address risk factors;
· Provide case management services in the community to support participants to access community resources;
· Engage moderate to high risk participants into voluntary case management services;
· Develop collaborative service plans to address risks and needs that will reduce recidivism and also identify treatment and life goals (housing, family entitlement, vocational, social, cultural and recreational);
· Collaborate with other staff to provide access to entitlements;
· Deliver gender and trauma informed services to women participants including but not limited to individual and group Seeking Safety interventions;
· Link participants to treatment based on their eligibility, preferences and needs and provide escort to community services;
· Act as advocate and liaison for participants in securing access to community treatment, rehabilitation and support services;
· Complete charting using database following program standards and timelines
· Involve family, significant others, and treatment providers in service provision as and when needed;
· Provide culturally competent services in accordance with CASES policies and practice;
· Develop and maintain strategic alliances with community providers;
· Complete training in Focus on Integrated Treatment (FIT);
· Lead responsibility for ensuring that performance measures of contract that funds role are achieved;
· Any other duties as required by the supervisor and directors.
Position entails a 35 hour a week commitment from Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
· NYS LCSW
· Experience providing social services to diverse populations with commitment to social justice
· Experience conducting screening and assessments of individuals with substance use, mental health and providing services to youth and adults with serious mental illness and behavioral health problems
· Knowledge of the criminal justice system, court processes and alternative to detention/incarceration services
· Experience using databases such as Salesforce
· Spanish speaking a plus
Competitive salary, full-time 35-hour week with excellent benefits.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Posted on 02/10/17; CVMHA ID #10726