See all job listings
Associate Director of Special Projects
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Overview: CASES has embarked on a period of tremendous growth and organization change in line with unprecedented criminal justice and healthcare reform in New York City. The agency now seeks a strategic, creative, and extremely well organized individual to support the CEO and senior leadership team to realize our ambitious goals.
This individual will deliver strategic projects (from project design through implementation), and provide agency management functions such as planning and internal communication. In light of CASES growth and expansion, a chief priority for this position is to ensure ONE CASES, putting mechanisms in place to ensure our staff and our clients experience an integrated organization across an increasing number of programs, services and locations.
The individual will work closely with CASES’ CEO.
· Project manage and monitor all agency projects, keeping the CEO and senior staff abreast of developments. Includes organization development (OD) initiatives, such as expansion and replication of services agency-wide, organization design, change management and workforce development initiatives. Specific responsibilities include: develop succinct slide decks and key documents, structure and facilitate meetings to achieve clear objectives, chair project teams and committees, document and follow-up next steps to build and maintain momentum among the project team;
· Work with the CEO to identify and implement a set of agency priorities. Create systems to monitor progress and meet regularly with the CEO to provide updates, suggestions and course corrections as necessary;
· Lead all aspects of internal communications, carefully balancing between being informative and creating information overload. Specific activities include: develop communication objectives, identify audiences, create schedules, draft communications, and work closely with the CEO to implement;
· Remain abreast of developments in CASES internal and external environment that affect agency priorities, such as government reform, trends in Court proceedings and changes made by major partners;
· Synthesize complex information into memos, policies and reports for various audiences, and fold into organization planning processes;
Support CASES’ CEO and leaders to build and nurture strategic partnerships by providing information, talking points and other preparation for key meetings.
· One or more years of experience in a non-profit organization, management consulting or other analytical consulting services;
· Demonstrated leadership in at least two of the following areas: organization development, project design, project management, facilitation, program planning, performance measurement and data analysis;
· Bachelor’s degree. Major studies in the areas of Organization Behavior, Business Administration, Psychology, Public Policy, Public Health or a related field is preferred;
· Strong belief in CASES’ mission, vision, and values, and eagerness to foster an organization culture that lives and breathes these every day;
· Ability to organize both projects and people is essential;
· Team player, a resourceful and creative problem-solver, and a skilled communicator;
· Comfort with ambiguity and a knack for supporting teams to make decisions and plans when only incomplete information is available;
· Ability to self-manage and prioritize among competing needs and opportunities; and
· High level of energy and a sense of humor.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/BD4wnQ.
Posted on 02/02/17; CVMHA ID #10719