See all job listings
Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist
JASA is one of New York’s largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults. JASA’s goal is to keep seniors living safely in their own homes and communities with independence, dignity and joy. In this position, you will have the opportunity to assure that JASA delivers high quality care that is effective and complies with city, state and federal regulations.
The Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist performs QA functions for JASA Services and provides support for the compliance function for all JASA and JASA Affiliates. The Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist ensures that the clinical documentation meets the regulatory guidelines and requirements and reflects the quality of service being provided in Mental Health, APS, Case Management, NORCs and other programs based on need. The Quality Assurance & Compliance Associate assists with compliance related tasks such as providing HIPAA and Corporate Compliance training in the Compliance Officer’s absence or when deemed necessary by the Compliance Officer.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs concurrent and ongoing review of documentation provided by JASA services programs.
• Maintains records of clinical reviews/ QA activities.
• Completes URs for Mental Health Programs.
• Notifies senior management of potential or existing issues that relate to quality of service and helps develops remedial or corrective steps.
• Recommends administrative and operational policy changes related to performance improvement or quality assurance.
• Identifies, plans and implements training programs for clinical, direct care and support staff regarding documentation, HIPAA and Corporate Compliance.
• Provides guidance and instruction to Program Managers and staff as needed regarding QA/UR issues.
• Provides statistics and reports to management as requested.
• Collaborates with Program Managers to implement action plans aimed at performance improvement; confirms that corrective actions have been implements.
• Serves on the Critical Incident Review Committee, the Quality Management Committee, Corporate Compliance Committee, Privacy Incident/Breach Response Team, CQI project and others as needed.
• Arranges and hold timely meetings (no less than quarterly) with program supervisors to review findings of recent chart reviews and confirms ongoing compliance.
• Supports peer review function as part of agency QA/QI responsibilities.
• Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master of Social Work degree, or a Master’s degree in a related field.
• New York State License in Social Work or related license- LCSW preferred, LMSW, LMFT, LMHC considered.
• Minimum of 3 years prior experience in a Social Services Agency preferred.
• Knowledge of DFTA-funded Programs and Article 31 Mental Health Clinics preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
• Ability to plan and execute in-house education and training programs.
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and communications skills.
247 West 37th Street
New York, NY 10018
Posted on 02/02/17; CVMHA ID #10718