See all job listings
Electronic Health Record Support Specialist
Reports to: IS Director
Overview: CASES is seeking an EHR Support Specialist to provide front line support for our two EHR databases: Qualifact’s Carelogic and Foothold Technology’s AWARDS. We are looking for someone who can take responsibility for a wide range of support issues, from help desk to aligning the systems workflow with staff procedures to maximize efficiency and revenue from the system. It is expected that over time the person in this position will become the subject expert on these two systems. You will be expected to work closely with senior staff as well as line staff to further understanding and use of our EHR systems.
Expertise should include familiarity with, and an interest in, EHR regulatory guideline and expectations as well as experience with either clinical operations or EHR Systems (Qualifacts Carelogic preferred). The EHR Support Specialist will work closely with the clinic director, medical director, other senior staff and database vendors for solutions and implementation towards adoption/implementation/upgrading (AIU) and meaningful use (MU) of the EHR as defined by the NYS Department of Health and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, clear communication, and design and implement improvement plans of action.
The Behavioral Health treatment programs are located in Central Harlem and include Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) teams and an outpatient Article 31 mental health clinic serving criminal justice-involved youth and adults.
● Help desk to provide end user assistance to resolve their issues with the EHR systems, including escalating to vendor as needed;
● Document creation, linkage and workflow;
● Technical training of new users with introduction to their EHR and for all users as upgrades and changes to the system are implemented;
● End user setup and maintenance in all ABH systems;
● Build reports from both systems using SQL syntax (Pentho) and Excel to produce both canned reports for use by users and data exchange with partners. Train selected staff in same.
● Identify common problems and suggest method for resolution;
● Troubleshoot practice management (billing, scheduling, claims, and clinical health record) application issues requiring problem solving, assessing processes and issues, and collaborating with clinical staff and physicians to develop solutions resulting in efficient and functional workflows for end users of our software application;
● Review vendor updates, evaluate relevance for and impact on agency and provide summary to senior staff as needed;
● Complete activities associated with system updates, upgrades, and conversions;
● Deploy IT change control process and ensure users are educated on all changes;
● Develop training plan for new full- and part-time clinic staff and support during upgrades;
● Assist eligible program psychiatrists and clinical staff with consultative and technical assistance to determine EHR incentive eligibility;
● Conduct a workflow analysis, offer implementation roadmaps, and define optimization strategies to AIU and MU criteria;
● Develop and implement new ideas for improvement in conjunction with user areas; offer solutions to improve workflow;
● Administrative interface with EHR vendor;
● Accountable for documenting and tracking application development and production technical flow, setting standards, implementing control, and following procedures to maintain systems;
● Perform test of certified EHR capacity to electronically exchange key clinical information from CASES to other providers including hospitals, physicians, and health home networks;
● Conduct regular and systematic review of security risk in accordance with the requirements under 45 CFR 164.308(a)(1), implement security updates as necessary, and correct identified security deficiencies as part of risk management process;
● Support implementation of patient portal and secure messaging in the portal;
● Participate in supporting CASES’ vision, mission, and values and adhere to agency policies and procedures;
● Adhere to agency cultural competency and anti-discriminatory practice.
● Bachelor's degree in computer science AND three (3) years or more of experience providing support to staff in the operation, maintenance, and installation of computer systems
● Experience with electronic health records (EHR) required; experience with Qualifacts EHR preferred
● Experience supporting large scale user clinical environments
Competitive salary, full time 35-hour week with excellent benefits.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/48GTqw.
Posted on 02/01/17; CVMHA ID #10709