See all job listings
Care Management Liaison
The Fortune Society
Title: Care Management Liaison
Unit: Care Management Unit
Reports to: Senior Director, Care Management Unit
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Job Code: TBD
Location: Long Island City with regional travel
Date Prepared: January 30, 2017
Assists clients in their transition from state and local correctional facilities following their discharge. The liaison will facilitate a direct connection to Fortune’s health care coordination unit, and other services pertinent to client’s successful reentry into society. The liaison will provide light case management, both pre- and post-release, with the goal of helping to establish a comprehensive plan of care that can be executed at the point of the client’s reentry into society.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate discharge plans for clients and work with assigned facilities to execute said plans;
• Serve as both transport and liaison for clients with corrections, parole, probation and medical/service appointments;
• Conduct daily phone and/or in-person follow-up with clients during their first 72 hours of release from jail or prison;
• Conduct baseline client needs assessment; provide information regarding Health Home eligibility and Care Management services to clients;
• Maintain accurately documented client encounter files and manage release and parole reporting schedules;
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships and lines of communication with parole and reentry staff;
• Perform community outreach for Health Home eligible clients with the goal of engaging them in health services;
• Work collaboratively with the Care Management Team to identify best practices for outreach and engagement of clients returning to society; and
• Perform additional duties as individual client needs and programmatic demands require
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a 15 person passenger van;
• Ability to obtain correctional facility clearance and work within the constraints of facility guidelines which can be changed at the discretion of the Department of Corrections;
• Experience counseling clients on connections to available services, including Health Home Care Management services;
• High school diploma or GED/HSE required, some college preferred;
• Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office and database entry;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Familiarity with Health Home Care Management a plus;
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel to and from Long Island City and regional jails, courts and prisons.
Physical Demands: Ability to drive a 15 person passenger van and/or travel via public transportation to various client rendezvous points throughout the five boroughs. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 01/30/17; CVMHA ID #10703