See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Title: Program Specialist
Reports to: Senior Director of Adult Mentoring & ICAN Community Service
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Job Code: TBD
Location: Long Island City
Days/Hours: 5 days/35 hours a week, which may include weekends and/or evenings
Date Prepared: January 30, 2017
Provide data entry/administrative support to the Health Services Comprehensive Case Management Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the compilation, maintenance, and processing of program related statistics and reports;
• Enter data into database. Assist in keeping and maintaining client records and documents;
• Properly storing inactive/discharged client records;
• Support Senior Director with identifying mentors, coordinating mentoring trainings, scheduling mentor/mentee interactions, and tracking program outcomes;
• Work with jail-based staff to identify and enroll participants into Mentoring Program, and with mentors and Community-based staff to help keep mentees engaged in mentoring;
• With the support of the Senior Director, liaise with DOC to ensure that the program is running smoothly (e.g. submit clearances, help mentors complete volunteer application, address specific issues that arise at correctional facility);
• Attend and participate in scheduled staff activities, meetings, and trainings;
• Anticipating challenges and troubleshooting whenever appropriate; and
• Perform other related duties as needed.
• High school diploma or GED/HSE required.
• Self-motivated and a willingness to take initiative;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision;
• Administrative and organizational skills;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
• Ability to work with multi-task timetables and meet deadlines;
• Ability to deal with diverse personalities;
• Good oral and written communication skills; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements – Travel between Harlem offices as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 01/30/17; CVMHA ID #10699