See all job listings
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc.
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc. (PRFI), founded in 1960, is a nonprofit, multi-program family-oriented health and human services agency whose primary mission is to prevent family disintegration and enhance the self-sufficiency of the Latino community. PRFI offers a comprehensive array of social and health care services that are culturally and linguistically relevant. Our core services include mental health treatment, crisis intervention, adult and children’s health care coordination, child placement prevention, residential programs for developmentally disabled adults, and Head Start programs. Our programs operate in New York City and in Puerto Rico and are available to clients of all races and ethnic backgrounds.
PRFI's Bronx and Brooklyn Mental Health Clinics, leading Article 31 outpatient mental health clinics specializing in bilingual Spanish/English counseling, are seeking full time Spanish speaking Psychotherapists to provide individual, group, collateral and family psychotherapy as well as crisis intervention for our clients. The clinics are staffed with a multi-disciplinary clinical team and treat a diverse population with a full range of psychiatric diagnoses and needs.
As the Brooklyn clinic is open 7 days a week, availability to work Saturday or Sunday will be required. PRFI offers a flexible schedule and will work with candidates to meet the institution’s and their needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing the following direct patient care services in English and Spanish: Intakes; individual, group, collateral and family psychotherapy as well as crisis intervention to an assigned caseload of approximately 45-50 clients.
• Target LOS is 130 per month. Compliance with levels of service of a minimum 30 visits per week/120 per month.
• Completion of progress notes for each face-to-face contact within 48 hours. Completion of progress notes for indirect contact with 48 hours. Submission of daily, weekly and monthly statistical forms.
• Timely formulation and documentation of treatment plans and their subsequent reviews every three month evidenced through electronic time stamp signatures. Timely recording of all necessary clinical documentation in accordance with NYS OMH and OMIG mandates.
• Identification/assessment of case management or social services needs of your clientele. Referring and linking clients and their families as needed to receive such services and entitlements.
• Comply with emergency after hours coverage for clinic patients.
• Expedite clinic referrals consisting of telephone consultations and walk-in consultations.
• Participation in supervision, staff meetings, case presentations and in-service training.
• Additional responsibilities deemed necessary by Program Director required for program operations.
Must be Bi-lingual Spanish speaking.
The ideal candidate must be a mental health professional (LCSW,
LMSW, LMHC, Licensed PhD or Licensed Marital and Family Therapist). Post-graduate training in psychotherapy a plus. Knowledge of Anasazi a plus.
S/He will have strong organizations skills, high attention to detail, the ability to work within strict time constraints and manage multiple tasks at the same time. Strong communication skills and computer proficiency required.
For consideration e-mail resume and cover letter:
Brooklyn: Attn: James Chavez, Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Bronx: Attn: Josephine Ovalles, Program Director email@example.com
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Puerto Rican Family Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted on 01/30/17; CVMHA ID #10694