See all job listings
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc. (PRFI), founded in 1960, is a nonprofit, multi-program family-oriented health and human services agency whose primary mission is to prevent family disintegration and enhance the self-sufficiency of the Latino community. PRFI offers a comprehensive array of social and health care services that are culturally and linguistically relevant. Our core services include mental health treatment, crisis intervention, adult and children’s health care coordination, child placement prevention, residential programs for developmentally disabled adults, and Head Start programs. Our programs operate in New York City and in Puerto Rico and are available to clients of all races and ethnic backgrounds.
PRFI is seeking a fully bilingual (Spanish/English) Clinic Director to lead our Brooklyn Mental Health Clinic, an Article 31 clinic with over 350 clients, overseeing day-to-day management of clinic operations, including enhancing clinic efficiency and revenues, provider productivity and accountability, and client engagement and retention.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides weekly, individual, clinical supervision to Clinic Supervisor and assigned psychotherapists, offering expertise and guidance in a variety of treatment modalities.
• Monitors clinician productivity, documentation, treatment planning, referrals to other clinics and agency services, and communication with outside providers.
• Promotes ongoing communication, teamwork and consistent case management among staff.
• Participates in case conferences with clinic team regarding disposition of all admissions and case closings.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to enhance clinic services and revenues. Builds and maintains relationships with outside agencies, including hospitals and other entities.
• Represents PRFI at program-relevant meetings and networking opportunities.
• Demonstrates commitment to professional integrity by modeling and enforcing expectations of quality service provision and regulatory compliance. Uses expertise in applicable regulations to ensure clinic compliance, including proper and timely documentation, maximizing reimbursable clinic services under Part 599 and other regulations.
• Prepares for and manages clinic audits.
• Keeps abreast of current and changing regulations and policies related to service delivery, provider requirements, Medicaid, and billing.
• Works collaboratively with peer PRFI clinic directors and other PRFI staff to advance organizational goals.
• Develops and manages program budget.
• Maintains and updates clinic's policies and procedures in collaboration with other PRFI clinic directors and QA. Updates policy and procedure manual as necessary.
• Maintains risk assessment logs, and other documents as required by OMH.
• Oversees Home Based Crisis Intervention Program and IPA Navigator Program.
• Performs other duties as may reasonably be required to meet the needs of the agency and fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Must be a bilingual Spanish/English speaker.
The ideal candidate will be a licensed mental health professional (LCSW, LCSW-R), PhD would be eligible if they are licensed to practice in New York, with recent experience in a New York State Article 31 clinic, supervising clinical staff providing mental health services. Strong knowledge of OMH regulations, clinic management and operations is essential. Possession of Supervision in Field Instruction (SIFI) strongly preferred.
Strong leadership and clinical supervision skills; experience providing services in a cultural competent manner; and evidence-based clinical practice with young children, youth, adults, and families.
The candidate must have a solid understanding of New York State Office of Mental Health Part 599 to ensure the clinic is in compliance with these and all other relevant city, state and federal regulations.
Thorough understanding of billing related to Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, commercial insurance and private pay. Understanding of DSM V and ICD 10.
The candidate must be a flexible, highly organized, team player, ability to multi-task; close attention to details; and ability to work autonomously.
For consideration e-mail resume and cover letter:
Attn: Human Resources email@example.com
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Puerto Rican Family Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted on 01/30/17; CVMHA ID #10693