See all job listings
Evening Case Manager - Delta Manor
Center for Urban Community services
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a EVENING CASE MANAGER at the Delta Manor shelter in the Bronx. The program serves 101 homeless men with serious mental illness. Please note that the Delta Manor is a 5 story walk building with no elevator and all candidates must be able to easily transport using the stairs. The shift for this position is Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm.
The Evening Case Manager is responsible for a caseload of 5-6 clients. The job comprises a full range of direct services to clients with particular emphasis on housing placement, mental health, physical health and substance abuse services. Services may also include money management, coordination of care, medication management, on- going individual counseling, and complete documentation of these services.
In addition to managing a small caseload the Evening Case Manager completes tasks related to management of the shelter in the evening, such as medication monitoring, bed checks, rounds, managing and documenting incidents, packing up belongings for people who lose their bed/setting up beds for new clients, locker searches, and orienting new clients to the shelter.
BA and 2 Years of relevant work experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years of relevant work experience
· For applicants without a college degree, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
· Demonstrated ability to provide services to clients with psychiatric and medical disabilities and with issues of substance abuse.
· Computer literacy, excellent writing and verbal communication skills are required.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Posted on 01/26/17; CVMHA ID #10678