See all job listings
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc.
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc. (PRFI), founded in 1960, is a nonprofit, multi-program family-oriented health and human services agency whose primary mission is to prevent family disintegration and enhance the self-sufficiency of the Latino community. PRFI offers a comprehensive array of social and health care services that are culturally and linguistically relevant. Our core services include mental health treatment, crisis intervention, adult and children’s health care coordination, child placement prevention, residential programs for developmentally disabled adults, and Head Start programs. Our programs operate in New York City and in Puerto Rico and are available to clients of all races and ethnic backgrounds.
PRFI is seeking a Residence Manager to be responsible for the overall supervision and continuous monitoring of assigned residential programs (ICF’s and IRA) in accordance with OPWDD certified setting compliance standards.
We are seeking a considerate and dependable individual to provide on-call supervision 24 hour/7days a week to continue to cultivate an atmosphere dedicated to helping our residents lead fuller lives while helping to ensure a safe and comfortable environment.
• Provides ongoing supervision, support and training as necessary to the Assistant Manager and all program staff.
• Serves as liaison to outside provider agencies on behalf of the individuals served.
• Provides direct supervision to the Assistant Manager, DSPs and consultants.
• Facilitates and ensures all staff receives and maintain appropriate trainings and certifications.
• Maintains a tracking log of all staff trainings and certifications.
• Completed and maintains AMAP, SCIP-R, First Aid/CPR and all other required certification as designated by supervisor.
• Maintains and monitors all financial ledgers, receipts and funds in the programs, such as petty cash and individuals personal allowance accounts/funds.
• Conducts physical plant inspection and inspection of the assigned program vehicle(s) and maintains a tracking log of all completed maintenance/work at the site.
• Attends all meetings and trainings as designated.
• Ensure that all agency’s policies and procedures and OPWDD regulations are implemented and all corresponding documentation is filed accordingly at the program site.
• Serves as an advocate for the individuals served to ensure their individualized choices and needs are respect and they receive quality care.
• Serve on the Incident Review Committee and Human Rights Committee.
• All other duties as designated by management.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field, with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience and knowledge of OPWDD regulations. An Associate’s Degree will be considered with 5 years’ experience, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role. Previous OPWDD experience preferred. Strong organizational and supervisory skills required.
The candidate must be able to meet state-mandated clearance requirements including a criminal background check as well as medical clearance, including a 2 step TB test.
Must have valid NYS license with clear driving history and willingness/ability to drive a 15 seat passenger van.
AMAP, CPR/First Aid and SCIP-R certifications required. Only currently certified applicants will be considered.
PRFI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits.
For consideration e-mail resume and cover letter:
Attn: Carole Lund, Program Director email@example.com
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in.
Posted on 01/25/17; CVMHA ID #10672