See all job listings
Human Resources Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Overview: CASES, a non-profit organization that aims to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and detail oriented person to join our HR Team! The HR Coordinator will be working with Human Resources department to help implement key HR projects. The position is a great opportunity to learn critical Human Resources functions including but not limited to employee on/off-boarding, benefits administration, document management, and Talent Acquisition.
The Human Resources Coordinator is a full-time position providing support to the Human Resources Department.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
● Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR department
● Serve as the first point of contact for employees' inquiries via email and phone, on matters pertaining to benefits, time-off, and other related inquires
● Assist with benefits regulation compliance and annual benefits renewals. Assist with the coordination and administration of open enrollment
● New hire orientation
● Oversee background checks
● Coordinates upkeep for onboarding, offboarding, promotions, and step increases
● Assist with the upkeep of electronic and physical employee files and HR systems.
● Provide general administrative support as needed Assist with training and development projects
● Assist with evaluation and analysis of HR programs and human capital trends in the organization including headcount, training needs and skill gaps, communication and employee engagement via employee surveys, annual review processes and other metrics
● Represent organization and assist with staff event coordination
● Assist with the talent acquisition process by maintaining and creating new file folders including preparation of the On and Off boarding processes
● Create and maintain documents/forms/reports as needed - Prepare files for archiving/record retention
● Verifies I-9 & background documentation, E- Verify - and maintains records
● Assist Human Resources department with planning, organizing, holiday events, health fairs, and any other staff events
● Assist with various annual projects and adhoc special projects
● Photocopying, faxing and scanning documents between internal and external clients/vendors
● Masters in Human Resources Preferred, or Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience with at least 3 years in a HR department
● Prior HR experienced is preferred
● Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now 7.0 or higher or another HRMS systems
● Acute attention to detail and accuracy
● Excellent written and oral communication skills, exemplary client service skills, the ability to handle multiple projects & competing priorities.
● Good interpersonal and organizational skills
● Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel Must be quality-oriented with the ability to meet tight deadlines, handle multiple projects and prioritize them appropriately
● Must be a detailed and customer-oriented team player with excellent organizational and follow-up skills
● Reporting Skills, Maintaining Employees Files, Dependability, Organization, Detail-Oriented, Scheduling, Confidentiality
● Highly organized and excellent communication skills.
Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/SmIcSw.
Posted on 01/25/17; CVMHA ID #10670