See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Title: ATI Counselor
Unit: Alternatives to Incarceration
Reports to: Program Supervisor
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Job Code: A123
Location: Long Island City
Days/Hours: Monday – Thursday 12pm -8pm and Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, subject to change depending on program needs
Date Prepared: December 21, 2016
Responsible for screening, assessment, counseling sessions, developing treatment plans, monitoring and reporting to the court on clients progress and make referrals internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct intake interviews and needs assessments for clients;
• Perform general Counseling/Case Management duties, including weekly individual sessions with clients, referrals to community based resources, developing client schedules, and client centered treatment plans;
• Assist clients in identifying and prioritizing needs;
• Provide referrals to ensure all participants’ concrete needs are addressed;
• Provide crisis intervention when needed in collaboration with supervisor;
• Facilitate groups as needed;
• Ensure accurate and timely data entry of all client information into the agency’s database;
• Provide accurate and timely data and information to be included in court reports;
• Monitor participants attendance and compliance with mandate requirements;
• Conduct toxicology for clients as needed;
• Advocate for individual client services;
• Lead case conferences for optimum collaboration among departments/programs and external agencies;
• Develop and maintain relationships with community based organizations;
• Attend and participate in meetings, conferences, and trainings;
• Conduct weekly chart audits;
• Engage in his/her own ongoing professional development; and
• Additional responsibilities as required.
• High school diploma or GED/HSE required; Bachelor’s degree or higher desired;
• Experience and commitment to working with mandated participants along with substance abusers and criminal justice involved individuals;
• Strong Microsoft Office and database entry skills;
• Strong assessment and engagement skills;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus;
• Strong organizational and leadership skills; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements: May require travel to our Harlem office for events and/or meetings.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 01/23/17; CVMHA ID #10667