See all job listings
Skillbuilder (16 openings)
ICL/New IRA Program
Under general supervision of clinical or higher level staff provide direct care to developmentally disabled individuals in a residential setting; assist and motivate individuals in their care to attend to their personal daily living needs and to further develop those vocational, nutritional, social, and personal skills necessary to maintain or achieve the highest possible level of independent functioning in the least restrictive environment. Skillbuilders perform a wide variety of routine tasks and activities in support of the full range of habilitative services provided to developmentally disabled individuals. The tasks and activities performed depend upon the specific abilities of the individuals being served and the nature of the setting where the work is performed. These tasks involve encouraging, guiding and training individuals in developing daily living skills and habits, taking care of their personal needs, assuring community integration, ensuring the health and safety of individuals, and maintaining the service environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED and ability to provide direct services to adults with mental retardation and/or developmental disabilities. Related experience desirable. Current clean New York State driver's license required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Direct Care experience with people with mental and/or physical disabilities. AMAP, SCIP-R, CPR/SFA certified
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of policies and procedures of OPWDD, as well as state and federal regulations as they apply to the care and treatment of the developmentally disabled.
• Knowledge of active treatment programs as they relate to the developmentally disabled.
• Currently AMAP certified or able to become certified within six months of hire.
• Currently SCIP-R certified or able to become certified within six moths of hire.
• Currently CPR and First Aid certified or able to become certified within six months
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely
APPLY through the below link. ALL APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE. PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
External Portal: https://careers-iclinc.icims.com
Posted on 01/20/17; CVMHA ID #10661