See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Title: Clinical Director
Reports to: Vice President of Programs
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Exempt
Job Code: TBD
Date Prepared: January 11, 2016
The Clinical Director is responsible for the programmatic, clinical, operational and strategic management of all programs and services operating within his/her assigned program area and in coordination with the agency’s Article 31 and 822 certified outpatient mental health treatment and substance abuse programs, including the design and implementation of quality assurance and performance improvement systems. The Clinical Director is responsible for all program operations, achievement of program goals and objectives, development of policies and procedures in compliance with Part 599 regulations and compliance with all regulatory requirements including OMH, OASAS 822 Clinic, and Medicaid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all programs and services comply with Fortune Society policies and procedures as well as regulatory and licensing requirements;
• Responsible for developing a thorough understanding of funding agency regulations and for ensuring the program’s ongoing compliance with all regulations;
• Provide direction and support to staff to ensure effective operation of all programs, including oversight of program activities, clinical services, protocols, treatment planning and outcomes, staff and client issues;
• Evaluate the impact of services by implementing systems to generate and analyze empirical data which measure program efficacy which permits the agency to adapt programs to best meet the needs of our clients;
• Work in partnership with other directors to develop inter-departmental and inter-agency relationships to ensure a continuum of care for clients;
• Build partnerships with public/private sector, professional, consumer and advocacy organizations to improve program operations and outcomes;
• Establish and maintain expertise and leadership presence in field of subject matter; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Advanced degree (LMSW, LMHC, LCSW or Ph.D.) in social work, mental health and substance abuse counseling or psychology required;
• Clinical and management experience;
• Proven clinical experience including oversight of an interdisciplinary team and proven successful experience in overseeing a revenue-generating budget are needed;
• A thorough understanding of OMH, OASAS and Medicaid regulatory requirements and standards is required, along with supervisory and administrative experience in an outpatient mental health clinic; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements – May require travel to the Queens Courthouse and our Harlem site for meetings and/or trainings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 01/19/17; CVMHA ID #10656