See all job listings
Group Facilitator (EWORTH) Part Time
The Fortune Society
Title: Group Facilitator
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Status: Part Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Job Code: TBD
Location: Long Island City and Castle Gardens
Date Prepared: January 9, 2017
Responsible for promoting health and wellness, cultural and gender specific services to African-American women involved in the criminal justice system in collaboration with other community partners.
• Facilitate the E-WORTH’s 5-session structured group intervention;
• Engage African-American women in health and wellness discussions that can lead to improved health outcomes for them and their families;
• Coordinate and collaborate with community partners;
• Attend E-WORTH meetings;
• Working knowledge of HIV and STIs in NYC’s African-American community;
• Provide HIV testing for program participants; and
• Perform other related duties as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred;
• Previous experience in working with communities highly impacted by health disparities including but not limited to substance use and criminal justice involvement;
• A minimum of three years of facilitation of structural group-level interventions and working with diverse populations;
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly and excellent writing skills;
• Ability to work well with gender-specific services;
• Ability to work well with individuals who may be at high-risk for HIV/AIDS/STI and women specific health issues;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally and linguistically with diverse internal and external individuals; and
• Ability to be an innovator, self-motivated, resourceful, detail oriented, dependable, and applies strong attention to detail; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements - Requires travel with clients to and from Fortune Society’s LIC and Harlem offices. May also require travel throughout the 5 boroughs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 01/19/17; CVMHA ID #10651