See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Title: Contract Analyst
Reports to: Chief Contracts Officer
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Exempt
Job Code: M309
Days/Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm, subject to change depending on program needs
Date Prepared: November 22, 2016
The Contract Analyst provides contract management, grant proposal support, compliance reporting, related auditor interface and the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts for assigned program areas. This position works closely with program staff to facilitate their understanding of financial implications of programmatic decisions and assists in the smooth operation of the contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages a portfolio of contracts and grants;
• Assist in preparation of proposals, budgets, budget modifications and financial analysis related to contracts;
• Ensure processes are in place to produce accurate and timely information required for submissions related to government agency and privately funded contracts and grants;
• Manage allocation process of personal services and OTPS to contracts;
• Manage the daily fiscal activities of various governmental contracts;
• Prepare monthly and quarterly cost reports for the various governmental contracts;
• Conduct and analyze cost reports to interface to the general ledger in cooperation with the Controller;
• Review general ledger to reconcile contract accounts receivables, with regard to specific claims outstanding and payments received;
• Responsible for the timely submission of reports to executive management;
• Interface with compliance auditors on all aspects of audits;
• Provides timely follow-up on internal/external requests for information; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA or BS in Accounting and 3 – 5 years of experience, including submissions of vouchers and claims to federal, state and local government agencies;
• Proven professional experienced in all phases of not-for-profit fund accounting;
• Must be organized, self-motivated and detail orientated with strong written and oral communication skills;
• Strong knowledge of Excel;
• Sense of humor; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements – May require travel to our Harlem office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 01/18/17; CVMHA ID #10644